Prius Goes Plural Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility:Prius Goes Plural Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and not a minor in their primary state of residence and have a valid driver's license and auto insurance prior to the Sweepstakes start date. All employees of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (“Toyota” or “Sponsor”), CherryBomb Consulting, Inc., ePrize, LLC (“Administrator”) and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, dealers, dealer advertising associations and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes or production or distribution of promotional materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., 19001 South Western Avenue, Torrance, CA 90501. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes occurs during select Toyota sponsored events (each an "Event") beginning on April 15, 2011 and ending on March 31, 2012 (the "Promotion Period").
Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, go toa participating Event and obtain a Prius Goes Plural card (each a "Card"). Upon receipt of a Card, complete the registration fields on your Card and submit your completed Card at the Event Toyota booth, or visit www.priusgoespluralsweepstakes.com and follow the links and instructions to enter the code (each a "Code") located on your Card and complete the registration form. Upon submission of your registration information and Code, regardless of method of entry, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to the Sweepstakes to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void all of that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate in the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawings and Winner Requirements:Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes, will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around May 11, 2012. The potential winner will be notified by email or phone. The potential winner will be required to complete, electronically sign and submit a Declaration of Compliance ("Declaration") within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the Declarationwithin the required time period, potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 10-12 weeks after winner confirmation.
6. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The winner's choice of one (1) of the following: theToyota Prius (valued at $22,000), the Toyota Prius V (valued at $28,000), or the Toyota Prius C (valued at $32,000). Sponsor will determine all features of automobile including but not limited to color of exterior and interior, and all other features or upgrades will be allowed only if permitted by delivery dealer and paid for by winner. Winner must be a licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. Winner is responsible for title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance and other taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and use. Winner must take delivery of prize from the automobile dealership designated by Sponsor. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): up to $32,000. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7.Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, statements and/or testimonials and/or hometown and State for promotional purposes in any media, now or hereafter developed, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration.
8.General Conditions:Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual (and void all entries) it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release:By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, CherryBomb Consulting, Inc., Administrator and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, dealers, dealer advertising associations, advertising and promotions agencies, prize suppliers and any other agency that provides services in connection with this Sweepstakes, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors and agents and successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Sweepstakes, or their participation in the Sweepstakes, or their participation in any Sweepstakes or prize-related activity, or any travel related to the Sweepstakes or any travel for any prize-related activityprovided, however, that Sponsor shall be solely responsible for any express-written limited warranties specifically set forth in the applicable Owner's Guide for the Prize Vehicle. ENTRANTSalso further acknowledge that the released parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or the Sweepstakes EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 6.
10.Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, useor misuse of any prize which may be awarded in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes:Each entrant to the Sweepstakes agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes (including without limitation, any alleged violation of these Official Rules, any controversy relating to the arbitrability of any dispute, or any claim that these Official Rules (or any part thereof) are invalid, illegal, or otherwise voidable (or void)) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration to be held solely in Los Angeles, California under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association and pursuant to its Commercial Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures; (b) any and all claims, judgments, liabilities, and/or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with the entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or otherwise accessing this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives, all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental, and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that either party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear. In no event shall an entrant to the Sweepstakes seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive, or other equitable relief or to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Sweepstakes, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of this Sweepstakes or any content or other material used or displayed on this Sweepstakes.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13.Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/gdj78T. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2011 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.
Prius Goes Plural Sweepstakes